In Knightville, about 1840 Porter Knight took possession of an old sawmill built about 1830 on the east bank of the Westfield River, just south of the present-day Knightville Dam. Knight converted the sawmill to a
turning mill. After Knight’s death in the late 1840s, Elkanah and Thomas Ring established an extensive business producing children’s carriages and wagons (MHC 1982a). This mill site is represented by the remains of Historic Sites 2 and 3 within the Knightville Dam project area. Courtesy of Chad Donovan-Hall. Karen takes great videos! #hikethehilltowns with the #westernmasshilltownhikers #hilltownhistory