Piece of Woronoco History, the Bridge Street Bridge was closed by MassDOT to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic in 1985. This historic open-spandrel, rib-arch was built in 1924 and is one of the few examples of this rare bridge type that remain. It is an arch bridge with a total length of 400 feet, consisting of two 65 foot approach spans and three arch spans which are approximately 104 feet, 62 feet, and 104 feet, respectively. At this crossing, the Westfield River is in a rocky gorge approximately 50 feet below the bridge’s deck. The bridge’s middle piers are located on an island in the middle of the river.